Wednesday, June 9, 2010

ready

Thanks to the big help from two amazing kids we are ready to go. Wren cleaned out the car yesterday and polished down the inside and outside so well it really doesn't look like my car! Everything except the cooler and this computer are packed inside. The car top carrier is on. We get on the ferry tonight at 9:30 and get into Valdez at 2:30 in the morning. Hopefully we will get some sleep on the ferry and we will just start driving when we get in. If it's still dark, maybe we will pull over to the side of the road and sleep for a few hours. I'm not planning on a really long day tomorrow. Only going as far as Burwash Landing. It's Josi's golden birthday tomorrow...6-10-10 and she will be 10 years old. Don't know if we'll find a birthday cake or not, but we did already celebrate a few days ago. Anyway, our adventure begins!

2 comments:

  1. Hello to the Motoring Moffitts.
    Happy Golden Birthday Josi. There are 5 people in my family that had their Golden birthday when they were 10. 10 is my favorite number!
    I am looking forward to hearing all about your adventures. I hope you have fair skies, and don't encounter too many mosquitos!
    Cheers,
    Sandy aka Mrs. Van Dyck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Queen bee and the princesses,
    I'm praying for your safe travels, the wildlife was great even in March with all the snow and ice. I hope you gals have an awesome day! HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOSI!
    Hot in the dessert,
    Lucy Stapp

    ReplyDelete